In realtà la Roadmap di Firefox non dice esattamente così, questa è una bozza della Roadmap e per la V7 ci sono solo punti interrogativi (forse non gli è ancora arrivata la macchina del tempo ) e per il 2011:
Spero che sia stato anche per non avere troppi bug subito alla prima versione, come succede ad altri produttori software .Product Priorities for 2011
Our product priorities for 2011 are determined by our overall organizational context and the vision we're trying to achieve. They represent our understanding of what's required in order to produce a web browser that will be both successful in the market and representative of our vision of the web.
- Ship our new technology to users in smaller bundles, more frequently
- Four technology shipment vehicles in 2011, including Firefox 4
- Achieve a regular cadence for shipping
- Develop a product that is responsive from "click to render"
- No more than 50ms delay between user action and application reaction
- Provide optimizations to hide network latency
- Obtain metrics from users in addition to our test infrastructure
- Expand the Open Web Platform to include Apps, Social and Identity
- Design and implement open systems for Identity and social interactions
- Design and implement Web Application Framework
- Implement missing pieces of CSS/HTML required for compelling Web Applications
- Never lose the user's data or state
- Continue to improve stability
- Mitigate the cost of application failure
- Interact with cloud-based storage to allow users to "take it with them"
- Shine the primary UI until it gleams
- Determine and optimize top 5-10 user interaction flows (ie: search for restaurant)
- Improve tools for customization/restoration of old functionality so we can remove it from primary UI
- Improve user interface polish so that Firefox feels modern, graceful and elegant
- Support modern operating systems and platforms
- support Firefox Windows 64-bit builds
- OSX 10.7 system integration
- Android 3.0 tablet integration
- ensure JIT performs well on modern ARM CPU families
- Plan for a future where Desktop, Mobile and Web Apps run on a common platform
- Need to design and architect towards this eventual outcome
- Implementation of this is not a priority
Comunque attendo l'uscita della 1° versione dopo la RC2.